12 Tips for Women Executives to Break the Glass (Part 2 of 2)
Succeeding in business is important for us as women, not only for ourselves and our families, but for the whole of society. In this post, we are continuing our discussion on women’s success in the work force and how to break that glass ceiling. Here is Part 1, if you missed it!
6 More Keys to Professional Advancement for Women
1) Be kind to your body, including eating healthy snacks and meals, and getting the ideal amount of sleep and exercise recommended for your lifestyle, stress load, and fitness level. (I Keep power bars like a squirrel-everywhere).
2) Make sure you have a strong support system in place outside of work or develop one if you don’t already have a support system in place.
3) If you discover there is no advancement opportunity or your income is capped at your current company, consider taking your talents, efforts, skills and dedication to another company or as more and more women are doing, start your own company where you call the shots!
4) Recognize and be supportive of others in your organization who, like you, show ambition and are interested in change.
5) Always move forward with honor and personal integrity and keep your self-esteem in tact. Do not stoop to unscrupulous or unethical behavior to get ahead.
6) If the work you’re doing is not worth the fight and effort it might take to achieve the professional success you desire, make a change. If it is worth it, give it everything you’ve got, making sure not to sacrifice your own health and well-being in the process.
The only way for women to truly fail in business is if we collectively buy into what society tells us we “should” be doing or how much we “should” be getting paid for the work and services that we provide. It is imperative that we stick together and support each other and that, in the process, we make sure to get ahead in ways that are a contribution to ourselves, our companies, and the world as a whole.
Click here for more articles on empowerment http://navigatechanges.com/category/empowerment/