Part 2 of 7: Empowering Quotes for Women
I have started writing some blog posts on empowering quotes to inspire women. When we put positive messages into our brains, it has positive effects psychologically, mentally and emotionally.
To exact wide-spread change, it is imperative for women to own their strength and to support each other. This comes out of positive psychology and brain studies. Here are some empowering quotes and Here is Part 1, if you missed it. Take it to the next level and get daily inspirational quotes emailed to you or sign up for an affirmations app. Getting the Positive into your brain is not that difficult in todays computerized age.
Empowering Quotes from Inspirational Women for Positivity IN!
1) “Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
2) “Feminism isn’t about making women strong. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” – G. D. Anderson
Femininity is one definition of strong.
3) “Women are always saying, ‘We can do anything men can do’ but men should be saying, ‘We can do anything that women can do.’” – Gloria Steinem
4) “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” – Maya Angelou
5) “I am a Woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal Woman, that’s me.” – Maya Angelou
Love Maya Angelou. Have you read her poem entitled, I am a Woman Phenomenally? It is great! Check it out. So worth the read. When we build ourselves and others up instead of tear them down, it is win-win. I think that all situations could be set up by us to be win-win but we need to make sure that we are part of that equation. Too many times, we put ourselves last or not even on the list and that is a lose-win situation. We lose as we give others the win. Empower yourself first so that there is more of you to empower others. What is the saying? In the airplane you have to put your own oxygen mask on first. You cannot help someone else when you are passed out! So go ahead! EMPOWER yourself!!! Be sure to check back for Part 3 of this series!
Adapted from the article http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a4056/empowering-female-quotes/