Happiness is all over the media right now. How to get it, how to live it, how to attain it. What I have not seen is the concept that happiness is a “state of being” not a destination to arrive at. In order to feel an overall sense of happiness we need to work on ourselves from the inside out, not the outside in. What I mean by that is looking for outside things or people to make us happy, we need to examine what is going on within. Here are 5 ways to work on yourself for an overall state of being happy.
- Challenge your inner critic!
- Kick negative self talk to the CURB! If you wouldn’t say it to your best friend, why are you saying it to yourself???
- Make sure to get them out of your brain by writing them down or telling them to someone close to you!
- NO! it doesn’t have to be a big huge ordeal to make changes in your life! Exercise doesn’t have to be an hour long ordeal either! Download a 7 minute workout app on your phone and aim for that to start!
- Studies show that recounting a positive experience from the past can help your train your brain to think more positively.
- Download a 10 minute meditation app. I like Headspace! Now do it!! Take time out of your day for 1-2 full minutes and just observe your environment through all of your senses. What do you see, what do you feel, what do you smell, what do you taste right now in this moment?
As you can see, by just taking a few minutes out of your day, you can feel better and think more positively! It really works to retrain your brain and is not hard! Studies show that by doing these things for just 21 days, you can think and act your way towards creating new habits that help you to feel and live better!
Call me today at my San Diego office, 619-687-9013, to see if my coaching counseling services are a fit for you! You can also email me anytime at email@example.com