6 Keys to Overcoming Fear
Do you have good intentions that have not come to fruition? Looking back over your life, how often have you allowed fear to get in the way of, or even completely hijack, your efforts to pursue something that is important to you? Do you allow this to occur in your life today? If you find yourself giving in to fear and living a smaller life than you know you were born to live, read on to start making changes!
6 Great Tips for Overcoming Fear
1) Write your own life story and own all of the pieces of it; the good, the bad, and the ugly are all a part of you. You would not be who you are today if everything that happened to you had not happened. But, as an adult, you have the power to jettison what doesn’t work for your life for today’s circumstances.
1.5) Practice making choices that make you happy and inspired, not choices to appease and quiet others who seem to believe they know what’s better for your life than you do. They don’t. Really, they don’t.
2) Remember that you are worthy of love and belonging, just because you were born! If you have a Higher Power and/or belief in God, then you only need to turn towards that unconditional love to embrace this concept.
3) Be conscious of the fears that personally get in your way and how they present themselves in your life. Fear is and acronym for “false evidence appearing real”. When you look at the truthful evidence of your life, the fear can fall away or at least get out of your way so that you can move forward.
4) Create a plan that works for you to overcome your fears and advance your progress in your chosen areas of life. Write it down.
5) Practice taking one small action step at a time, to put your plan into motion. A first step can just be googling and researching something to start out.
Track your progress in a way that inspires you and keeps you accountable. Telling someone that you are doing something can help. I am writing a book right now and I am terrified! I am also telling everyone that will listen so that I am accountable.
Remember to reward yourself often for the actions you take that get you closer to the results you want to produce. This can just be an atta-girl or telling yourself that you are proud of yourself for taking that first step.
Fear can be paralyzing. Getting intentional in learning effective ways to move fear out of your way and continue forward towards your goals can be life-changing. It can also significantly reduce your stress levels and improve the quality of your life in ways that you never could have imagined.