8 Steps to Achieving a More Satisfying Work-Life Balance
Do you ever find yourself wishing you had a greater experience of balance in your life? If we’re not careful, it’s very easy to compromise the delicate balance between our work life and our home life, resulting in increased stress, tension and overall dissatisfaction with our lives. So, how do we go about getting our lives back into balance?
8 Steps to a Healthier Work-Life Balance
1) Define your version of work-life balance.
2) Find a mentor who can help.
3) Talk to your current employer.
4) Identify where you need support and ask for help.
5) Build and leverage your network; personally and professionally then refer to #4
6) Request informational interviews with employers at companies you’re interested in.
7) Don’t settle if you don’t succeed at first.
8) Once you make it, lend a helping hand to others.
It can be incredibly exhausting if you find your work-life balance is off-kilter. All of us need a healthy balance of all areas of our lives in order to feel grounded and to not have the experience of being overwhelmed. The good news is, once you realize your work-life balance is off, it generally doesn’t take too much effort to get things back to a more satisfying balance—and any effort required is definitely worth the end result.
This article was sourced from http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/andrea-lekushoff/balance-family-and-career_b_4104575.html