8 Easy Tips for Creating Your Own Private Sanctuary
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have your own private, sacred space in your home, designed specifically for you to refill your batteries, or simply as a place to retreat, where you can experience calm, even in the midst of everyday (or out of the ordinary) chaos? It doesn’t have to be a whole room. It can be a corner, a closet a desk off to the side somewhere out of the general living areas. I have my space outside in my backyard. Consider the difference such a splendid place would make in your home and your life!
8 Great Ways to Create Your Private Space
1) Select a place in your home where you already feel most at peace—or a space in which you could create a feeling of peace.
2) Create a private setting that speaks to both your heart and soul.
3) Keep your private space clean.
4) Have a specific place for everything inside of and around your space so it remains free from unnecessary and intrusive clutter.
5) Ensure your sanctuary is physically comfortable. Ex: fuzzy soft blanket/pillows
6) Keep your sacred space stocked with things you enjoy while passing time (ex. books, bottled water, spritzers, favorite music, etc.)
7) Include pleasing scents and aromas in your sanctuary, such as candles, scented air fresheners or lotions, etc.
8) Visit often! Read, journal, meditate, pray, relax; whatever feels calm, restful and good to you.
Having a private sanctuary in your home can provide a tremendous benefit to your physical, emotional and psychological health by allowing you to take a private moment (or longer) to relax, be at peace, regroup, or take a positive time out. It can also help you improve your relationships—with others and with yourself. As long as it speaks to you, it can be as simple or elaborate as you desire.