6 Steps of Letting Go
Holding on to pain, judgment (of self and others), self-criticism, and other negative energy of the past, whether it be past experiences, decisions, regrets or missed opportunities, can be a powerful hindrance to moving forward in our lives and making new decisions for how we want our lives to go from this point forward. So how exactly does one learn to really let go?
Read on for 6 Effective Steps for Letting Go
1) Continue to take risks with everyday life situations, like relationships, jobs, friendships, trying new things, etc.
2) Take the knowledge learned from things that didn’t go how you would have preferred and apply it to your new endeavors.
3) Be willing to trust yourself to make decisions in your life.
4) Live life for today and not in the past.
5) Release negative feelings and energy of the past. (Utilize Faith here)
6) Forgive yourself and others for anything you are holding onto that is preventing you from fully moving forward in your life.
Genuinely letting go can feel scary and vulnerable, but it is also incredibly liberating, leaving you free to life your life completely, whole-heartedly and full of richness and color.
(Reference article: http://www.lifehack.org/394127/the-art-of-letting-go-that-everyone-should-master?ref=mail&mtype=daily_newsletter&mid=20160510_customized&uid=207679&email=ecaetano%40san.rr.com&action=click)
If you need help letting go and learning how to empower yourself, give me a call today for a 15 minute Free consultation to see if the coaching approach I use in therapy is a fit for you! My office is located in San Diego for in person sessions and I do coaching calls via Skype and telephone. 619-687-9013