35 Inspiring Quotes to Empower Women (Part 1 of 7)
I am WOMAN, hear me ROAR!
When a woman knows her mind, society and culture and even friends and family can conspire against you. Others don’t like different. They want conformity and for you to lay “small” because they feel uncomfortable and nervous. But our job is to figure out our own truth and to be congruent in our actions, thoughts and beliefs to that truth, not to conform to other’s needs or take care of others’ emotions. Here are some successful women who know their minds and who they are and are not afraid of what others think.
5 Empowering Quotes from Inspirational Women
1) “To all the little girls who are watching, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.”
– Hilary Clinton in her 2016 concession speech
2) “I raise up my voice—not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard…we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
3) “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.”
– Margaret Thatcher
4) “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.”–Madonna
5) “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright
When we know our own truth we can truly be free of what other people think of us. It doesn’t mean it wont feel uncomfortable at times; it will. It doesn’t mean that it is easy; it’s not. But when you stand solid in your own truth you are truly free. I choose freedom, thank you very much. How about you?
Be sure to check back for Part 2 of this series for more great, empowering quotes from inspiring and influential women!
Adapted from the article http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a4056/empowering-female-quotes/